The guidelines for how often, how long and what type of exercise you should be doing in the Sauna Suit can vary greatly depending upon your health and age. However, in general, it is recommended that:
• Your exercise includes some type of activity that increases your heart rate (for example walking, running, cycling, or boxing) and also includes some strength training and flexibility exercises.
• You exercise at least 3-5 times a week for 20-60 minutes at a time.
Before beginning an exercise program, remember to:
• Check with your doctor to ensure you are safe to exercise
• If possible, have an exercise test to determine your current level of fitness
• Drink plenty of fluids before exercising to ensure you are fully hydrated.
When exercising, remember to:
• Always do both warm-up and cool-down exercises for at least five minutes to make sure that your heart rate changes slowly and you don't cause any injuries. Warm-up and cool-down exercises can be light activity (like slow walking or stretching).
• When wearing the Swelter Sauna Suit for the first time, exercise in moderation until you are comfortable and familiar with the heat the Sauna Suit creates.
• Create an exercise program that meets your needs, but make sure that your needs and goals are realistic.
• Drink plenty of fluids throughout exercise, especially water. Always remain hydrated for optimum performance.
• Never "work through the pain" when exercising; you can only hurt yourself.
• Stop immediately if you experience pain, nausea, dizziness, irregular heartbeat, or shortness of breath. Contact your doctor and describe what happened before continuing any sort of exercise.